Friday, July 29, 2016

You don't want to know about the things that go on inside my head

I've always had a lot of insecurities about my body and about being a woman myself. Maybe because I'm short or because I feel fat, or even because I don't have the boob size I want, but I guess I'm not the only one. There are plenty of young women feeling that way too, and that's not okay.

I've always felt watched, from top to bottom, by random men on the streets or simply from guys at school. Maybe it was all just inside my head but, when you dislike your own body, those kind of things happen. Your brain tends to create situations that are not exactly there in the first place.

There are days where I feel confident about myself, but most of the days I feel the most insecure person you could ever meet. It comes a lot from the society we live in. Everyday, we are targeted by standard and unrealistic sizes of skinny models and everytime we see one of those girls, all we do is to complain about ourselves. Anorexia. Bulimia. Self harm. These are just a few ways to end up the pain for a little while.

Even not totally accepting my body right now, I'm happy because I met the right guy, the one who makes me feel good about myself, and even sexy. I don't know how he can be so cheerful and positive about it [I guess I've always had a negative mind], but I'm thankfull for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment