Friday, September 2, 2016

When life changes to be harder, change yourself to be stronger

That's what I did, or at least triedThere were moments in my life where I felt lost, hopeless and afraid of what the future would bring to me.

Moving away was hard. I "locked up" myself back then and now it's hard to trust anyone. The problems I had, the thoughts that would travel through my mind, the feelings I had, everything was kept to myself. Only myself.

I stopped sharing things with my friends and my family. I think I felt like a burden, so I didn't wanted to bother them. All those deep and dark thoughts I had just stayed up inside my head, because it's where they belong, right? The truth is I was kind of afraid of my own thoughts and it's not like someone would actually want to hear them.

I used to see the world from a different perspective: everything became darker by day. I used to think that people were mean and that they would help others just to feel better about themselves, just to fulfill that emptiness inside their hearts.

Four years ago, moving away was hard. Music was my only friend. I listened to music all day, everyday. I never got bored. Some songs touched my soul and some lyrics got into my heart. It was the light at the end of the tunnel. It was my escape from reality. Because I started living in a world of my one, overthinking hurted really bad. But there's always hope. There's always someone to "light up" your world.

Somehow, and I never knew why I kept thinking like that, the only thing that kept me connect with everything around me, the only thing that would make me happy, was taken away from me when I needed it the most. I guess things don't last forever. Nothing lasts forever, unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment